Tuesday, November 04, 2008
america decides - all of it, without fear.
barack obama has done what no democrat has done before - given african americans in all 50 states a sense that their votes actually count.
the republican party, the party of choice for extremists and whacko's alike, has become the party of intolerance, using fear and division to further its own political power.
we should not forget that the republican party bitterly opposed the following:
• The 13th Amendment that abolished slavery in 1865
• The 1866 Civil Rights Act.
• The First Reconstruction Act of 1867.
• The 14th Amendment in 1868 that made all persons born in the U.S., including former slaves, U.S. citizens.
• The 15th Amendment in 1870 that give every citizen the right to vote.
• The Ku Klux Klan Act of 1871 which was to stop Republican Klansmen who terrorized white and black Democrats.
• The 1875 Civil Rights Act.
• The 1957 Civil Rights Act.
• The 1964 Civil Rights Act.
• The 1965 Voters Rights Act.