Thursday, February 22, 2007

letter to the new york times









Re today's article: The End of the Alliance

I'm not surprised the United States is doing so poorly in Iraq with regard to accurate intelligence gathering, and how to best deal with an ever-increasing out-of- control situation.

Your graphic artist doesn't even know how to correctly depict the Union Jack of Great Britain! The British soldier is shown holding a flag that cannot, and doesn't exist!

Anthony Russo (the artist): I suggest you actually do some homework. Try putting the pole on the other side...

How very impressive...

I wonder how Americans would feel if we showed the same complete ignorance to your national flag?

About the same as me, I'd have thought...

You are the New York Times, yes? who is responsible for signing off on this artwork?

Sincerely,

Mark Solomon

No comments: